- Life safety, egress, building and fire code analysis in conformance with the International Building and Fire Codes and NFPA 101 – The Life Safety Code.
- Preparation of fire code plans (code footprints) in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Fire protection system performance design specifications including: fire sprinkler, fire alarm and smoke control systems.
- Commissioning and Integrated Testing of Fire Protection and Life Safety Systems in accordance with NFPA 3, 2015 Edition.
CMG Fire Protection Engineering, Inc. was formed in the Summer of 2001 to provide Fire Protection Engineering design and consulting services on new, renovation and existing projects. CMG Fire specializes in the following types of projects:
- K-12 Schools
- Colleges and Universities
- Health Care
- Stadia and arenas
Since its formation, CMG Fire has completed projects ranging from the State of Kansas, Kansas City Missouri, and Military Bases in the United States
Credentials and Experience
Cindy Gier, President of CMG Fire, is a licensed Fire Protection Engineer in the States of Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Colorado and Arizona. Cindy is Co-Owner of Soteria Fire Safety, LLC — a fire alarm design and installation firm.
Cindy Gier is a certified Master Code Professional, the highest certification offered by the International Code Council.
Cindy teaches many classes for other engineers and architects, code officials, designers and fire department personnel and was an Adjunct Professor for the University of Kansas Engineering School.
She is an active member of the Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE) on both a local and national level and a member of the (SFPE) Performance-Based Code Design Task Force and acknowledged in “The SFPE Engineering Design Guide to Performance-Based Design.”
She has taught many classes on Performance-Based design around the country. She also has authored 3 chapters in the “Fire Sprinkler Design for Engineers”textbook by NFPA/SFPE and has assisted in the creation of classes for both fire sprinkler and fire alarm design that are currently taught by SFPE.
Cindy is a member of the NFPA Technical Committee for NFPA 1037 Professional Qualifications for Fire Marshal.
Brian Gier returned to CMGFire in February 2020. He is a Mechanical Engineer from KU. Brian has been working in the industrial pump industry for 2 years. He assists in design, project management and drawing review.